My CV of an Expert Witness updated to August 2020. As an Expert Witness you may find list of cases that I have participated with over 10 depositions held thus far and one jury trial.
Edwin A. Hernandez-Mondragon, PhD
Technologist, Expert Witness & Entrepreneur
- Expert Witness in Patent Litigations, Trade Secrets, IPRs,
- Cable TV Systems and Broadcasting: Cable TV Multicasting, DVB-C/T/S, “Cloud to Cable TV,” Set Top Boxes, MPEG Encoding, Streaming, Multiplexing, HFC, DOCSIS Standards.
- Multimedia Streaming: OTT Platforms, TV distribution, Music & Video Platforms and automated playlist creation, real-time encoding, CDN, and cloud storage systems
- Mobile Devices and Systems: User Interfaces in mobile, mobile operating systems, Expert in mobility and wireless handoff 2G-3G-4G-5G systems
- AirInterface and LTE Source: Experience with SDRs, OpenAirInterface project, reviewing code for handover, RRC Channels, KPI, and X2/S1AP/XN handoff parameters
- Cloud Storage and Data Synchronization: GlusterFS, File Systems, Dropbox/S3 integration. Cloud computing, Load balancing, AWS.
- Wireless Communications: 5G, 4G, 3G, LTE signaling, WLAN, Software-defined Networks, and RF emulation with a patent in wireless emulation/dissertation on this field.
- Artificial Intelligence: Big Data Analysis for Telecommunications, Neural Networks, Fuzzy Logic, Machine Learning, Deep Learning.
- Blockchain: Bitcoin, Litecoin, Consensus Algorithms, Gossip Protocols
- Power Management: Wireless Power Management Issued Patent for Microsoft Wireless Service and Wireless Charging Patent with over 80+ references
- Personal Area Networking: Expertise in Personal Area Networks and Wearable Systems. Issued Patent for Windows PAN Driver.
- Smartphones and wireless embedded software development: Personal Area Networking, Virtual Machines and OperatingSystems, Bluetooth
Ph.D., University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
Major: Computer Engineering,
Research Areas: Mobile Computing, Wireless Networks, Handoff Optimization and Adaptable Network Protocols, Linear Prediction, Network Emulation
Dissertation: An Adaptive Networking Protocol for Rapid Mobility Environments Advisor: Dr.Sumi Helal, August 2002
M.Sc., University of Florida,Gainesville,FL
Major: Electrical and Computer Engineering
Research Areas: Computer Networks and Intelligent and Information Systems (Artificial Intelligence).
Thesis: Adaptive Sampling for Network Management
Advisor: Dr. Alan D.George December 1999
B.Sc. Costa Rica Institute of Technology, Costa Rica
Thesis:Monitoring system for a packet-based data network, RACSAPAQ
Advisor: Dipl-Ing. LuisP.Mendez July1995
EGLA CORP, Owner & Founder (10/10 – Present)
Intellectual Property Experts, Expert Witness Services, Damages, Startup & Innovation Assistance, Engineering applications for Infrastructure, Cloud-based Platforms, Telecommunications, NFV, Software-defined Radios, IPTV, mobile, including managing and creating applications for IOS, Android, IPTV, Amazon Web Services, Wireless & Mobile Computing, Artificial Intelligence, Cloud Computing, Research & Development Lab, 3D Printing, IC Design, Device Testing & Claim chart analysis. (eglacorp.com)
Licensing Executives Society (LES International) Member – 2019-2020
Intellectual Property & Technology Expert Witnesses. Advising strategic acquisitions and IP strategies for technology companies, Infringement reports, Invalidity Contentions, IPR Reports for PTAB, Damages calculations, Forensics, Code Reviews, Clean Room Analysis, assisting trials and attorneys with all Intellectual Property matters.
CloudtoCable is a patented platform that merges cloud and Cable TV systems and simplifies music and video distribution to web, mobile and Cable TV. Cloud to Cable is servicing operators like CABLE COLOR in Honduras. MEVIAis a “SoftwareasaService”and a cloud-based platform that enables“MEVIA Music” currently in operation in several countries including Brazil, Honduras, and United States. Supplied and maintained REST/SOAP/JSON APIs to handle more than 500K subscribers with SKY TUNES application. Our technologies powered DMX Media before its $16M acquisition by Stingray Digital in 2015mediamplify.com, cloudtocable.com and www.eglacomm.net
EGLAVATOR, Technology Incubator & Office Spaces, Boca Raton, FL. (3/17 – Present)
Experience: Founder of a Boca Raton-based technology incubator and accelerator with 8 startups in Cloud, 4G/LTE, 5G Systems, Prototyping and development of mechanical, electrical, and software products (www.eglavator.com) 3D Design & Assisting Startups for funding and technology direction: DEMOLIZER, HydraFlush, and others.
MEVIA STUDIOS & TECH EDTV – Host & Broadcasting –Boca Raton, FL (3/18 to Present).
Experience: As part of EGLAVATOR’s TV, Media studio. I host and produce TV shows in technology and business: ASK ALICE, TECHEDTV, and others with over 15 shows/podcasts, covering Mobile World Congress 2019, HIMMS 2019, and others.
MOBILITY WORKX, LLC. Principal, Boca Raton, FL(7/2016 to present)
Experience: Patent commercialization of MobileCAD (Patent 7,231,330) a mobile emulation environment for 3G, UMTS,4G LTE, & 5G networks, mobility, PCRF, 5G NR, Diameter routing, RRC Signaling, propagation models simulation, virtual drive testing and RF scenarios and MobileIPP (Patent7,697,508 / 8,213,417) for seamless mobility LTE, Self-Organizing Networks, S1 Handover, X2 handover, Xn Handover, etc.
Motorola, Inc, Principal Staff Software Engineer, Mobile Devices, Plantation, FL(11/07-5/10)
Experience:Google Android Platform/Application Development, Kernel-level prototyping, Data support, implemented HTTPPush/MMS, DRM content management, Webkit and Opera- based browsers, Lead discussions with customerS print/Nextel and NextelInternational. I defined AndroidarchitectureandtheconceptofiDEN+5, which seededAndroid in Plantation. Assisted in licensing negotiations for Motorola as part of the licensing team.
Motorola, Inc Sr. Software Staff Engineer, MobileDevices,Plantation,FL(11/03 -10/07)
Experience:Featur elead for JavaVirtual Machine for Dual-mode devices, J2ME Expert, JSR implementation on BREW architectures, and iDEN/CDMA software interactions. As a feature lead, program management interactions, customer interactions, and 3rd party vendor relationships including licensing (ie Qualcomm). Platform design and development for Windows CE devices and Microsoft Smartphone Platforms, i930 mobile phone.
Microsoft, Technical Program Manager,WindowsNetworking,Redmond, WA (8/02 – 9/03)
Experience:Feature lead for BluetoothPersonalAreaNetworking. Responsibilities driving Architecture, Design, Test Automation, security analysis for PAN, and drive testing over networking protocols sucha s IPv4 and IPv6 networks.
Microsoft,Program Manager Intern,Windows Networking, Redmond, WA (5/01-8/01)
Experience: Wireless Zero Configuration (WZC) for Windows XP Service Pack,Power Management algorithm using self-similar traffic modeling, and adaptive adjustment of the duty cycle. IEEE802.11b/g/a services could be optimized to reduce power consumption from 0 to 80% depending upon network traffic characterization.
COMPUNET, Entrepreneur/Lead Engineer Honduras (4/1997-11/09)
Experience:Owner and founder. Cisco/Linux administrator, Webmaster and senior system engineer and owner. Lead developer for: authentication services, security, web, and networking configuration.
Technical Expert Witness for Intellectual Property and Patent Cases
- University of Florida Research Foundation, Inc. et. al. vs. Motorola Mobility LLC.Filed in U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida – Case settled
- Virtela Technology Services Andrew Funk, Filed in the US District Court of Denver, Colorado, Representing Andrew Funk – Case Settled
- Del Castillo vs. Bank of America– Representing Bank of America – Case settled.
- Seven Networks vs. Google– Representing Seven Networks
- Blue Radios vs. Kopin – Representing Blue Radios – Colorado
- Mobility Workx vs. T-Mobile– Case Settled
- Mobility Workx vs. Verizon Wireless, Representing Mobility Workx, LLC in E.D. Texas
- Mobile Manufacturer vs. Carrier, Eastern District of Texas, Representing Mobile Manufacturer (Confidential)
- Talent Mobile Development vs. Headios Group (California Federal Court, Trademark/Mobile Software) – Expert Witness and Testimony at Jury trial with 700k award to my client.
- Key West Golf Club vs. Cable Provider – Preliminary study – Key West, FL
- Express Mobile vs. DreamHost, LLC–Expert – US District Court of Delaware.
- Stone vs. AT&T, Velocity – Expert Witness – Representing AT&T and Velocity – US District of San Diego
- Express Mobile vs. Magento, BigCommerce, others – Expert Witness, Representing Express Mobile, U.S. E.D District of Texas and California Northern District, Audited code for client, claim charts, invalidity defenses, expert testimony on infringement.
- Workspot vs. Citrix– Expert Witness IPR2019-01002-– Representing CITRIX – PTAB (Instituted)
- DISH Network LLC vs Multimedia Content Management LLC– IPR2019-01014 and IPR2019-01015, Representing Multimedia Content Management, LLC (Denied Institution)
- TPI vs Keller Williams, Inc – Expert Report and Damages, Trade secrets, software, Texas, 2020
- Bell Northern Research, LLC LG Electronics, Inc., et al, Infringement & Validity Federal Court, IPRs (3), California, Settled
- Bell Northern Research, LLC Samsung et al, Infringement & Validity Federal Court, IPRs (3), California, 2020-ongoing – Assisting infringements & damages
- TCL Assistance & consulting for several patents and IP cases.
- Barkan vs. Sprint – E.D. of Texas
- Advising – Pre-trial / 4 Confidential Defendants/Plaintiffs (2013-2014)
- Workspot vs Citrix– Expert Witness IPR2019-01002-– Expert Witness for CITRIX – PTAB.
- DISH Network LLC vs Multimedia Content Management LLC– IPR2019-01014 and IPR2019-01015, Expert Witness for Multimedia Content Management, LLC (Denied, Not Instituted)
- LG Electronics v. BNR – Expert Witness for BNR – IPR2020-00108 for U.S. Patent No. 8,416,862 (Terminated)
- SAMSUNG v. BNR – Expert Witness for BNR – IPR2020-00611 (Denied) and IPR2020-00613 (Denied) for U.S. Patent No. 8,416,862 (e.g. https://ptab.uspto.gov/036e63b4-9123-465b-b453-c3aa3c2ea4e)
Damages Expert Witness for Intellectual Property and Patent Cases
- Mobility Workx CellCo Partnership (Verizon Wireless), Representing Mobility Workx, LLC in E.D. Texas, Daubert challenged, scheduled to testify in court for reasonable Royalty.
- TPI vs Keller Williams. Testimony admitted for Damages.
Software Audits & Code Inspections
- Clean room and code review for Patent and litigation purposes.
- Honduran Government, “National Institute of Properties,” Multi-million dollar platform transferred from the World Bank to the Honduran Government – Code Review for Java, .NET, and Cybersecurity.
- Auditing of Honduran Elections, Foresnsics and fraud detection and analysis (Pro-Bono)
- Zablah, E. Hernandez, et.al “Enhance Honduras Development with Technology Transfer of High-Performance Computing,” World Development Journal, Jan 2016.
- E. Hernandez,”War of Mobile Browsers,”IEEE Pervasive Computing, vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 82-85, Ja-Mar. 2009
- E. Hernandez ,A.Ayyagari,“Heavily-tailed NetworkTraffic Modeling for PowerM anagement”, IEEEWorkshop on Performance and Management of Wireless and Mobile Networks, Australia,November 2005
- E. Hernandez, M. Chideste,and A.George, “Adaptive sampling for network management,” Journal of Networks and Systems Management(JNSM), Vol. 9, N 4, Dec 2001.
- E. Hernandez, A.Helal, “Predictive Mobile IP for Rapid Mobility,”IEEE Wireless Local Networks 2004, Tampa,FL
- E. Hernandez, A.Hela, l“RAMON:An emulation approach,”IEEE Local Computer Network s2002, Tampa, FL
- E.Hernandez,A.Helal,”Examining Mobile-IP Performance in Rapidly Mobile Environments: The Case of a Commuter Train,”IEEE Conf. Local Computer Networks 2001, Tampa, FL, Nov14-16, 2001.
- Helal,S. Shah, E.Hernandez,“Mobility Benchmarking In Ad-Hoc Networks,” TheIPSJJournal, Vol.43, N11, June 2002. Approx. 15 pp.
- S.Shah,E. Hernandez, A.Helal, “CAD-HOC:A CAD Like Tool For Generating Mobility Benchmarks In Ad-HocNetworks,” SAINT2002, Japan, January2002
Thesis and Dissertation
- E. Hernandez “An adaptive protocol for rapid mobile environments,” PhD Dissertation, University of Florida, August 2002
- E.Hernandez “Adaptive sampling for network management,” M.Sc. Thesis, University of Florida, December 1999
- E.Hernandez, Y.Lee “Monitoring system of a packet data network,” B.Sc.Thesis. ITCR, report, July 1995
Technical Reports and Prior to publications
- Hernandez “Mediamplify: A Multimedia Platform for MPEG TV Systems, ” Dec 2015
- E.Hernandez, A.Helal,”RAMON:Anetwork emulation environment,”CISE Department, University of Florida, 2005
- E.Hernandez,A.Helal,“Ghost Mobile IP,”CIS EDepartment, University of Florida, 2005.
- E.Hernandez, “DMTF:Authentication for MobilePhones,”Motorola, defensive Publication, 2004
Patents and Innovations (12 Issued, 5 Patent Pending)
- E. Hernandez, A. Ayyagari, et al. “Method and system for managing power consumption of a network interface module in a wireless computing device,” Microsoft Corporation, US Patent. 7,564,810
- E. Hernandez, A. Helal, RAMON, “Rapid Mobility Network Emulator Method and System,” Mobility Workx, LLC, US Pat. 7,231,330
- E. Hernandez, A. Helal, “System, Apparatus, and Method for Proactive Allocation of Wireless Communication Resources,” Mobility Workx, LLC, US. Pat.7,697,508 and 8,213,417
- S. Poursabahian, E. Hernandez, et al, “Bluetooth PAN Driver,” Microsoft Corporation, US Pat. 7,269,388
- A. Krantz, E. Hernandez, et al “Rules-based Network Selection Across Multiple Media,” Microsoft Corporation, US Pat. 8,788,715, and 7,996,505
- V. Bhanu, E. Hernandez, et al, “Smart Scan for Bluetooth PAN Services,” Microsoft Corporation, US Pat. 8,024,487.
- E. Hernandez, K. Ardizzione. “Thumb-based User Interface for Camera Phones,” Motorola Corporation, submitted 2005 – Application
- E. Hernandez, “Secure USB Drive,” Motorola Inc, submitted 2005 – Patent Application
- E. Hernandez, J. Tracy “Magnetic Bottom Connector”, Motorola Inc, US Pat: 7,331,793
- E. Hernandez, et al “Java-based PTT Initiation and URI.” Motorola Inc US Pat. 8,707,337
- E. Hernandez ” Method, system, and apparatus for multimedia content delivery to cable tv and satellite operators ”
- E. Hernandez “Augmented Reality Anemometer” – Patent application – April 2018 – US Application 62661186
- E. Hernandez “System, Method, and Apparatus For Virtualized Operations for Biohazard Waste Destruction with Augmented Reality and Voice Commands” Filed Sept 2018 – PCT/US18/52076
Broadcasting, Blogs & Podcasts
- FM Radio & Podcast – Ask Alice Show – May – August 2018
- Founder of TECHEDTV, EXPERT WITNESS TV – Host . http://teched.tv
- Technical articles at medium.com/@edwinhm and edwinhernandez.com
Software & Engineering Skills
Platform Experience: Linux Operating Systems (Expert Level), Windows Platforms, AWS, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure
Mobile Programming: Android Development, Mobile to TV, IOS Development for iPad/iPhone/TV, Embedded with Raspberry PI, Android, Legacy: WindowsCE, J2ME, Blackberry RIM SDK, Motorola SDKs, Samsung SDK BREW, AMSS/DMSS.
Multimedia Systems: Cable TV, DVB-C, DVB-S, IP Multicasting, Streaming Platforms, Encoding, Transcoding, Metadata, MPEG TS, Cable & Satellite Systems..
Wireless Protocols: UMTS, 4G LTE Handoff, 5G XN, and NFV Platforms. Experience with Wearables, Bluetooth LE, and many PAN systems. Wide experience with GSM, GPRS, and other legacy wireless standards such as CDMA2000, iDEN, and others. Extensive experience with mobility protocols in UMTS, LTE, GSM, MobileIP, MIH, to older systems like Cellular IP, HAWAII,,AODV, and other systems. Wearables with BNEP and PAN, WIFI and IEEE 802.11 standards.
Software Defined Radios and Networks: GNURadio,RF and Software-based Emulation, Wireless Emulation, Fading, Modulation, & others
Internet Networking: In-depth knowledge of IPv4 and IPv6 protocols, IP tunnels, TCP/IP, Web Sockets. NDIS driver design in Windows platforms, Experience managing and securingCisco IOS routers networks& firewalls and SNMP management. Fiber optics, IP Tunnels, VPN, Switching, Redundancy.
Process Management: Github, JIRA, TFS & SCRUM
Data Center: Power management, APC, Management, A/C, Distribution, Networking,
Cloud Computing:AWS, Google Cloud, Azure, VmWare & XenServer, Docker Containers & Kurbenetes. Cloud storage and platform development of multimedia delivery systems.
Scientificand EngineeringTools:MATLAB, pSPICE,OrCAD,Network Simulator (ns-2),wide experience in electronic circuit design, digital design,and low-level debugging tools, includingPC-104 and circuitdesign.
Legacy Programming Languages: LISP, PROLOG, FOXPRO, Pascal, Embedded design, Intel assembly code(i8051, x86), and TCL/TK.
- The US patents 7231330, 7697508, and 8213417 are licensed by a major internet and wireless communications companies and are in use to manufacture millions of cellular devices
- Judge for the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, Spain, 2019
- Judge for the Mobile World Congress for Best Networking Software Breakthrough in Barcelona, Spain, 2020.
- Founding member of Honduras Global dedicated to Entrepreneurship, Science & Technology
- Fulbright-Scholar 1997-1999 – US State Department program.
- 2018 Innovation Awards, City of Coral Springs, FL
- Nov 2018 – 3rdPlace Hackathon with “Eye of the Storm” at Office Depot, Boca Raton, FL
- Top projects in Emerge Americas 2018 Hackathon with Video Anemometer, Miami, FL
- Fifth Place in Bitcoin Hackathon 2018 with Bitcoin Caster, Miami, FL https://github.com/win2013/bitcoin_alexa
- Winner of Kinect/Gesture-controlled Hackathon in Boca Raton, FL https://github.com/win2013/airthenticate
- Finalist and presenting EGLA COMMUNICATIONS at Florida Venture Forum in Coral Gables, FL 2015
- Finalist at “Emerge America’s” Conference with Mediamplify/MEVIA in 2014, Miami Convention Center
- Finalist with Mediamplify “Music Sparks” in LAB Miami, FL.
- Mention of honor in the Honduran National Science Competition, May 97
- Ranked 1st in undergraduate studies,Costa Rica Institute of Technology, July 1995.
- Four consecutive academic scholarships undergraduate work at Costa Rica Institute of Technology(ITCR), 1991-199
- Winner Business Plan Competition in University of Florida 2002 and Runner-up in 2001
- High–Performance Computing and Simulation Lab student award, spring 1998
- In March 2001, as a co-founder of E-melodies, runner-up during the 2001 UF Business Plan Competition at the University of Florida and winner of the 2002 UF Business Plan Competition in InformationTechnology.
Entrepreneurship & Ventures
EGLA CORP dba EGLACOMMUNICATIONS: Umbrella company over EGLAVATOR, other strtups, Mediamplify & MEVIAPlatform (Cloud to Cable TV), Expert Witness Consulting & Services, Software/Cloud hosting, Multimedia DeliveryServices, Artificial Intelligence, HulaDrive, and other projecs. www.eglacomm.com| www.eglacorp.com
- EGLAVATOR:Technology incubator in Boca Raton, FL eglavator.com
- Mobility Workx, LLC: Principal, 3G/4G Emulation and 5G Handoffs under patents US7231330, US8213417 and US7697508 also known as MobileCAD and MobileIPP. mobilityworkx.co
- UBIWIRELESS, LLC dba EDWIN HERNANDEZ, LLC :Founder & owner. This company dedicated to IP Monetization, previous projects include RxProfile™ (http://rxprofile.net),FUTMOB,and Ad2Fone,among others (Mobile Applications).
- COMPUNET S. de R. L.Founder and CTO, Honduras pioneer Internet Service Provider founded in 1997 completed operations inNovember 2009, one of the first ISPs in Honduras.
Hobbies: Guitar playing, running,soccer, volunteering for charities, option and derivatives trading.
Citizenship: Honduran/US Citizen
Religion: Catholic – Salesian Alumni – Instituto Salesiano San Miguel
Services and Memberships
- Member of Industry Advisory Board for Florida Atlantic University, Electrical and Computer Engineering Department, 2017-present
- GSMA – 2019 & 2020 Mobile World Congress, Judge, Barcelona, Spain
- Emerge Broward and Leadership Broward Member 2014-2016
- Organizing Committee, Mobile Mondays Miami, 2009-2013
- Organizer “Startup Weekend Boca,” October 2013
- Hispanic Graduate StudentAssociation, Financechair, 2001-2002
- Hurricane Mitch Volunteer,Gainesville,FL.October 1998
- ACM,IEEE member, dancing, soccer,and Tae Kwon Do – black belt
- St.Andrew’sCatholic church, LifeTeen, CoralSprings, FL,2004-2005
- Member of Lovebags.org, 2007-2009
- Member of Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, 2009-2010
- Licensing Executive Society Member 2019-2020
Technical Program Committees/Reviewer for International Conferences
- 2020 TELKOMINKA, Telecommunication, Computing, Electronics and Control
- Editorial Board of International Journal of Electrical and Computer Engineering 2021
- 2020 CICN – International Conference on Computational Intelligence and Communication Networks
- 2020 BDAW – Big Data and Advanced Wireless Technologies,
- 2019 International Symposium on Electrical and Electronics Engineering, ISEE2019.
- 2019 IEEE Asia-Pacific Conference on Applied Electromagnetics (APACE2019)
- 2019 1st International Conference on Cybernetics and Intelligent System (ICORIS) 2019.
- 2019 IEEE Game Entertainment and Media – Ireland
- Editorial Board Member and Reviewer, Journal for Networks and Systems Management, from 2004-present
- 2018 Journal of Simulation: Transactions of the Society for Modeling and Simulation International
- 2018 International Conference on Information and Communications Technology (ICOIACT
- 2017 2nd International conferences on Information Technology, Information Systems and Electrical Engineering (ICITEE)
- 2016 Global Summit on Computer and Information Technology
- 2016 International Conference on Information Technology, Information Systems, and Electrical Engineering
- Recent Advances in Communications and Networking Technology
- WCI 2015 – Women in Computing and Informatics
- EditorialBoardof the Intl. JournalofNetworksand Systems2009-2016
- 2012 (2012 IEEE Symposium on Wireless Technology & Applications).
- IEEE InternationalConsumerNetworks,2011
- IEEE Broadnets -2008
- IEEE WirelessNetworksMagazine, 2002-2003
- IEEE Transactionson MobileComputing 2007
- IEEE WirelessLocalNetworks 2005-2007
- IEEE LocalComputer Networks2007-2008
- IEEE GLOBECOM2005
- IEEE SOUTHEASTCONFERENCE2005
- IEEE Conferences in 2014-2015
- 2004-2009 – Panelistat 4G Wireless(MiamiBeach,FL), severa l“MobileMonday”events, and Mobile CommerceLatinAmerica(2009).
- WEBCONF Latino 2010, Tegucigalpa,Honduras.
- Mobile Computing Platforms,Tegucigalpa,Honduras.
- IEEE SOUTHEAST CONF 2005. “Windows Cryptographic API,”A Session KeysParadigm.
- Keynotespeaker at”FirstTuesday”Tegucigalpa, Honduras,and San Salvador, ElSalvador
- Tucks Schools of Business – Dartmouth University, Digital Strategies for Entrepreneurs, Google Campus, Seattle, WA, and December 2016.
- Management Skills and Business Strategies, FAU Campus, Boca Raton, FL, January 2014
Fluent in Spanish and English. Basic knowledge of German and French
Teaching Assistant for Mobile Computing, University of Florida, (Spring- Fall2001)
Experience: Mobile Computing level-6000 graduate class. The class involves the discussion of research papers and a practical section where different wireless technologies are covered. In addition to my job duties, an automated examination tool was developed as additional class aid for grading. The class required J2ME/JSEE knowledge and the ability to support the class with Motorola smartphone development, plus all additional aid required to run the killer application competition sponsored by Motorola.
Teaching Assistant for Software Engineering, University of Florida (Fall2000)
Experience: The class was targeted to computer engineering seniors as a nintroduction to the software development cycle. Students carry-on a web-based project and deliver specific documents and specifications (architectural, design,UI), develop a prototype, schedule different tasks,and manage the project to be delivered on time. The TA assists technically and supervises their work, grades quizzes and exams
Teaching Assistant for Introduction to CIS/Java, University of Florida (Summer 2000)
Experience:I taught an introductory lab session, graded quizzes, exams, and assignments. As an assistant I held different tutorial sessions on object oriented concepts and problem-solving skills.
Teaching Assistatn for C++,University of Florida(Spring2000)
Experience: Grading and preparing assignments for theclass.
Instructor at the Central American Internetworking Conference,(9’1998)
Experience:During the conference, I taught a 3-day intensive hands-on class on network security. I covered topics from :network intrusion detection, privacy, and authentication mechanisms
Instructor, Central American Telecommunication Video conferencing (Summer 1996)
Experience:Teaching Linux(OperatingSystems), C++, and Networking seminars to engineers all over Central America (Remote teaching)
Centra American Telecommunication Commission, Engineer,Honduras,(8/1995 – 5/1997)
Experience: NetworkEngineer,Video conference systems (VTELandH.323), software development for telecommunications and traffic management
United Nations Development Program(UNDP), IT Consultant,Honduras,(11/1996 – 5/1997)
Experience:Network security and consultant for the United Nations program in Honduras. Software auditin gand network configuration
Research Assistant, University of Florida,Gainesville,FL(Jan ’00 – Aug’02)
Experience: I investigated the effects of handoff and network mobility at different vehicular speeds. I used Mobile network simulation and emulation were important tools to study Mobile-IP andLayer-2/3mobility protocols. I developed RAMON, Rapid Mobile Network Emulator, a device that emulates network layer mobility and programmatically replicates mobility conditions varying from signal strength, packet delay, BER, an dspeeds. RAMON uses real 802.11b AccessPoints, Omni-directional antennas, embedded computers(e.g. PC-104) and custom-build control circuitry. RAMON also used a.NET interface to automatically create network topologies to be emulated. In depth routing protocols explored ,IP tunnels, and low-level network device driver adjustments. I conducted extensive simulation work on ns-2
Research Assistant,UniversityofFlorida,Gainesville,FL (Sep’97 – Dec’99)
Experience: I joined the High-performance Computing and Simulation Research Lab. During my thesis work,I applied Fuzzy Logic in Network Management, focusing on how adaptive sampling could reduce captured statistics without losing important network behavior. Additionally,I researched ATM networks, SNMP(SimpleNetworkManagementProtocol), Virtual Interface Architecture(VIA) over Myrinet, CORBA,and High-performanceCluster Computing topics.
Program Manager Intern,MicrosoftCorporation, Redmond, WA (May– Sep’01)
Experience:As an intern, I investigated self-similarity and power management algorithms for WirelessNetworks. I modeled the method how service time per packet could be estimated and used for QoS in ad-hoc and infrastructure networks.
Network Engineer, Radiografica Costarricense, R&D, Costa Rica.(Jan- Jul’95)
Experience: I developed a microcontroller-based (x8051 and RUPI-51 micro-controllers) system to measure X.25 and PBX data traffic, Windows-based GUI, and X.25 frame captures