Dr. Edwin Hernandez Publications
For a list of Dr. Edwin Hernandez publications in academic journals, conference articles and other published work in international technical organizations including journals, keynotes, and other scientific & technical publications.
Publications can be downloaded from here and slideshare
- Link to Edwin Hernandez’ Google Scholar: https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=QsPG_EoAAAAJ&hl=en
Papers and Refereed Journals and Conferences
- J. Zalah, E. Hernandez, M. Medina “Analysis of Honduras technology transfer efforts and implementation of a high performance computing and networking infrastructure,” Journal of World Development, Download.
- E. Hernandez , “War of Mobile Browsers,” IEEE Pervasive Computing, vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 82-85, Jan.-Mar. 2009 Citation
- E. Hernandez, A. Ayyagari, _Heavily-tailed Network Traffic Modeling for Power Management”, IEEE Workshop on Performance and Management of Wireless and Mobile Networks Australia, November 2005. Session 4
- E. Hernandez, A. Helal, “Predictive Mobile IP for Rapid Mobility,” IEEE Computing Conference on Wireless Local Networks, WLN 2004,” Tampa, Fl. Citation
- M. Chinta, A. Helal, E. Hernandez ILC-TCP: An Interlayer Collaboration Protocol for TCP (2003) , Proceedings of the Trird IEEE Wireless Communications and Networking Conference (WCNC), Citation
- E. Hernandez, A. Helal “RAMON: An emulation approach,” IEEE Confonference in Local Computer Networks.2002, Tampa, FL Citation
- E. Hernandez, M. Chideste, and A. George, “Adaptive sampling for network management,” Journal of Networks and System Management (JNSM), Vol. 9, No. 4, Dec 2001. Citation
- E. Hernandez, A. Helal, ” Examining Mobile-IP Performance in Rapidly Mobile Environments: The Case of a Commuter Train, ” IEEE Conf. LCN 2001, Tampa, FL, Nov 14-16, 2001. Citation
- [Original Publication] A. Helal, S. Shah, E. Hernandez, Mobility Benchmarking In Ad-Hoc Networks, The IPSJ Journal, Vol.43, No.11, June 2002. Approx. 15 pp Citation
- S.Shah, E. Hernandez, A. Helal, “CAD-HOC: A CAD Like Tool For Generating Mobility Benchmarks In Ad-Hoc Networks,” SAINT 2002, Japan, January 2002. Citation
- Dr. Edwin Hernandez publications do not include “patents” which can be found in the Patent Section of this blog
Thesis & Dissertations
- E. Hernandez “An adaptive protocol for rapid mobile environments,” Ph.D. Dissertation, University of Florida, August 2002. Citation
- E. Hernandez. “Adaptive sampling for network management,” M.Sc. Thesis, University of Florida, Dec 1999.
- E. Hernandez, Y. Lee. “Monitoring system of a packet data network,” B.Sc. Thesis. ITCR, July 1995.
Speaker at Conferences and Keynotes
- Honduras Global Speaker
- IEEE Wireless Conference and Local Computer Networks (LCN) Several presentations
- IEEE SOUTHEAST CONFERENCE 2004
- Keynote speaker: First Tuesday 2010 – Honduras
- TIGO Mobile Challenge Keynote – San Salvador 2010
- Webconf Latino 2010 – Tegucigalpa
- Mobile Commerce 2009, Mobile Monday Miami 2009-2010, 2010 – 4G Wireless Conference Miami Beach FL
- Conferences to several universities including UNITEC, UJCV (4G Wireless).
Referee and Publication Reviewer
- 2019 – International Symposium on Electrical and Electronics Engineering, ISEE2019.
- 2019 IEEE Asia-Pacific Conference on Applied Electromagnetics (APACE2019)
- 2019 1st International Conference on Cybernetics and Intelligent System (ICORIS) 2019.
- 2019 IEEE Game Entertainment and Media – Ireland
- Editorial Board Member and Reviewer, Journal for Networks and Systems Management, from 2004-present
- 2018 Journal of Simulation: Transactions of the Society for Modeling and Simulation International
- 2018 International Conference on Information and Communications Technology (ICOIACT
- 2017 2nd International conferences on Information Technology, Information Systems and Electrical Engineering (ICITEE)
- Editorial Board Intl. Journal of Networks and Systems 2009-2011
- IEEE International Consumer Networks, 2011
- IEEE Broadnets 2008
- IEEE Wireless Networks Magazine, 2002-2003
- IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing
- IEEE Wireless Local Networks 2005-2007
- IEEE Local Computer Networks 2007-2008
- IEEE GLOBECOM 2005
- IEEE SOUTHEAST CONFERENCE 2005
Honors and Awards
- Judge for the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, Spain, 2019 and 2020
- Founding member of Honduras Global dedicated to Entrepreneurship, Science & Technology
- Fulbright-Scholar: 1997-1999 – US State Department Program.
- 2018 Innovation Awards, City of Coral Springs, FL
- Nov 2018 – 3rdPlace Hackathon with “Eye of the Storm” at Office Depot, Boca Raton, FL
- Top projects in Emerge Americas 2018 Hackathon with Video Anemometer, Miami, FL
- Fifth Place in Bitcoin Hackathon 2018 with Bitcoin Caster, Miami, FL https://github.com/win2013/bitcoin_alexa
- Winner of Kinect/Gesture-controlled Hackathon in Boca Raton, FL https://github.com/win2013/airthenticate
- Finalist and presenting EGLA COMMUNICATIONS at Florida Venture Forum in Coral Gables, FL 2015
- Finalist at “Emerge America’s” Conference with Mediamplify/MEVIA in 2014, Miami Convention Center
- Finalist with Mediamplify “Music Sparks” in LAB Miami, FL.
- Mention of honor in theHonduranNationalScienceContest,May
- Ranked 1stin undergraduatestudies,CostaRicaInstituteof Technology, July 1995.
- Four consecutive academic scholarships undergraduate work at CostaRica Institute of Technology (ITCR), 1991-1995
- Winner Business Plan Competition in University of Florida 2002 and Runner-up in 2001
- High–Performance Computing and Simulation Lab student award, spring
- In March 2001, as a co-founder of E-melodies, runner-up during the 2001 UF Business Plan Competition at the University of Florida and winner of the 2002 UF Business Plan Competition in Information Technology.