As an “Intellectual Property Expert,”(CV as Expert Witness) I assist companies monetize and defend their intellectual property. Intellectual Property is understood as patents, technologies and inventions at different stages:
- Startups – Technology Incubation or acceleration, IP protection, Prototyping, via my incubator and accelerator: the EGLAVATOR
- Strategic Assessment and Assistance of your IP Litigation as an Expert Witness Testimony for IPRs or Patent Litigations
- Strategic consulting for Patent Licensing and Monetization negotiations with potential licensees (IP Licensing)
Who is Dr. Hernandez?
Dr. Edwin Hernandez is a serial entrepreneur, inventor, and founder of “EGLA CORP.” EGLA is a tech powerhouse that create its own technology and where other innovators come to create ventures at the “EGLAVATOR.” The EGLAVATOR is Dr. Hernandez technology incubator and accelerator located in Boca Raton, FL. The EGLAVATOR assists and invest in over 12 startups including advising efforts for funding, intellectual property, and tech strategy. As part of this intellectual property expertise, Dr. Hernandez has licensed his wireless portfolio to Verizon Wireless and other high-tech giants. Dr. Hernandez is an expert in technology, venture funding, strategy and has many years of experience in wireless communications, AI, cloud computing, IOT, electronic devices, and other advanced software platforms. He is hand-on coder and creates prototypes for many of the products created at his incubator, hence is quite familiar with code reviews, hardware, and software audits. Dr. Hernandez earned a B.S. in Electronics engineering from Costa Rica Institute of Technology, and a M.S in ECE and PhD in Computer Engineering from the University of Florida. Dr. Edwin is an inventor to 14 issued US Patents and has provided technical expert witness services in over 30+ intellectual property cases including 6 IPRs, and one trial testimony. As part of his daily life, Dr. Hernandez works on its own projects and provides technical and startup strategy advice to several high-tech startups in the areas of AI, media streaming, blockchain, NFTs, AR/VR, and health tech. Dr, Hernandez was a Fulbright scholar and has been a judge for the “Mobile World Congress” several times. Dr. Hernandez is also Microsoft and Motorola alumni, a member of the Industry Advisory Board (IAB) at Florida Atlantic University, and a producer of his own podcast, TECHEDTV.
The Incubator – EGLAVATOR
Many technologies require more than just filing for a patent, in many cases pivoting, testing products with customers, and validation is required as part of an “incubation process”. An incubation phase is then, a must to have, for any “Intellectual Property” asset to become valuable. I can assist you with the financial projection, market value, and technology strategy for your business.
Patent Brokerage and Technology Licensing
I help companies licensing or selling intellectual property (IP) for assistance contact me directly for more details. Licensing must be done with careful attention to details, specially technical specifications, distinction of trade secrets over patents, and value your IP appropriately.
Expert Witness – Strategy, Technology Audits and Litigation Consulting
Dr. Hernandez is an independent Expert Witness with technical and damages reports surviving Daubert challenges in Federal court.
I have also worked with Expert Witness brokers and nominated as an IMS EliteXpert. I have also worked for other organizations like ATS Experts, AP Experts, Thomspson Reutes, but prefer to be can be contacted directly to firstname.lastname@example.org or if you would like to know more find out at Dr Edwin as an Expert Witness
As an intellectual property expert, Dr. Edwin has worked in many patent/trade secret cases in technology and software, Wireless, Telecommunications, 4G/LTE, Cloud-based Systems, Augmented Reality, TCPA, Bluetooth, and all my areas of expertise.
Code Review under Clean room conditions or claim chart analysis
As intellectual property expert, I can conduct software audits and clean room analysis of your code, any software that is being acquired, pre-litigation support, and claim chart analysis.
I completed an audit in 2018 to SINAP and the government of Honduras. SINAP is the “National Property Institute of Honduras.” Their software included millions of lines of code, Tera Bytes of geospatial information and databases, Java code, .NET, HTML/CSS, and many processes to handle thousand and thousands of property titles and property information in digital formats for the entire country of Honduras. The audit was a success and we expect to help more on that front.
For more sample reports, on IPR or other public matter refer to:
Technical Expert Witness for Intellectual Property and Patent Cases
Damages Expert Witness for Intellectual Property and Patent Cases
- Mobility Workx CellCo Partnership (Verizon Wireless), Representing Mobility Workx, LLC in E.D. Texas, Daubert challenged, scheduled to testify in court for reasonable Royalty.
- TPI vs Keller Williams, Damages Report on Trade Secrets, Reasonable royalties
IPR Cases (Inter Parties Review)
- Workspot vs Citrix– Expert Witness IPR2019-01002-– Expert Witness for CITRIX – PTAB, (All claims held patentable) PTAB judges agreed with my analysis.
- DISH Network LLC vs Multimedia Content Management LLC– IPR2019-01014 and IPR2019-01015, Expert Witness for Multimedia Content Management, LLC (Denied, Not Instituted)
- LG Electronics v. BNR – Expert Witness for BNR – IPR2020-00108 for U.S. Patent No. 8,416,862 (Terminated, Settlement)
- SAMSUNG v. BNR – Expert Witness for BNR – IPR2020-00611 (Denied) and IPR2020-00613 (Not Instituted) for U.S. Patent No. 8,416,862 – Settled (e.g. https://ptab.uspto.gov/036e63b4-9123-465b-b453-c3aa3c2ea4e)
- Mediatek v. Nippon Telegraph, Inc – Expert witness for Nippon Telegraph IPR2020-01607, (Instituted, ongoing)
- Netapp v. Proven Networks, Inc – Expert Witness for Proven Networks, IPR2020-01436 (Instituted, ongoing).
Software Audits & Code Inspections
- Clean room and code review for Patent and litigation purposes.
- C/C++ software
- MySQL and NoSQL
- .NET Platforms
- Cisco Routers
- Virtual Machines
- Honduran Government, “National Institute of Properties,” Multi-million dollar platform transferred from the World Bank to the Honduran Government – Code Review for Java, .NET, and Cybersecurity.
- Auditing of Honduran Elections, Foresnsics and fraud detection and analysis (Pro-Bono)
Call me at:
561 306 4996
Go to https://eglacorp.com/