Dr. Edwin A Hernandez-Mondragon
Inventor, Expert Witness, Technology Professional, Entrepreneur
Dr. Hernandez or Dr. Mondragon is available for expert witness work. Call now: 5613064996 or edwinhm at eglacorp.com . I have my own lab and can assist you with audits and patent/IP law http://eglacomm.net/expert-witness-services/
Intellectual Property Areas
- Assistance with Patent litigation: Invalidity Contentions, Claim Charts, Infringement Contentions, and completing an “Expert Report”
- Assistance with Inter-parties Review (IPR)
- Assistance in trade secret cases and software-related litigation
- Review software, log analysis, code reviews, hardware/software from networks to source code, hands-on dissection of code and hardware
Some articles in IP that you can find in my blog
- American Innovation Cycle (here)
- Music Choice vs Stingray Digital (here)
- Unified Patents (here)
- 4G Wireless Open Source (here)
Our consulting rates as expert witness in patent cases in wireless, mobile computing, smartphone technologies, and media are based on our PhD-level of expertise with 10 issued patents and experience in court. I have over 20+ years of experience in mobile, software, and have evaluated and written thousands of lines of code in the area of my expertise.
Areas of Expertise
- Wireless Networks and Infrastructure
- Wireless Emulation and Simulation
- Mobile IP, PMIP, GTP and 4G/LTE Mobility Protocols
- RF, Signaling, and Protocols
- Local Area Networks
- Mobile Applications and software methods
- Media Streaming and MPEG/Cable TV systems
- MPEG-2 and DVB Systems
- HTML5 and widgets, JSON/XML REST API
- CDN and Cloud-based Platforms
- Software-defined Radios and Network Function Virtualization (NFV)
- Internet and broadband communication systems
- Cloud Computing and Storage Platforms
- Internet Of Things
- Big Data Analysis
- Network Function Virtualization
- Bluetooth and WiFi Networks
- Linux and Networking Expert / Routing / Firewalls / Fiber Optics
- Software Engineer with expertise in Java, Python, PhP, C/C++
- Drivers and memory optimization
- Extensive PCAP log analysis
- Hardware debugging and electronics analysis
- Some expertise in renewable energy systems (Solar, Wind)
I completed a recent audit for SINAP, the National Property Institute of Honduras, a mega project with millions of lines of code, TeraBytes of geospatial information and databases, Java code, .NET, HTML/CSS, and many processes to handle thousand and thousands of titles and properties in the digital market of Honduras. The audit was a success and we expect to help more on that front.
” Great Job Dr., We were able to find information and determine details in the source code that were unknown to us ” – UTS – Salinas
This is done in a case by case basis and usually is non-refundable. However in some cases we can allow up to 40% refund in cases where depositions have not been yet performed and settlement required no affidavits from Dr. Hernandez. Please request “University” or “Academic” discount, which is 20% of the usual retainer fee and 20% on the hourly rate.
My lab has the following equipment:
- ORC, Spectrum Analyzer, Protocol Analyzer, other equip.
- Power supplies/Electronics
- IP networks, GbE, Fiber, SDNs, a full cloud with Xen/VmWare
- Access to AWS, Azure, and extensive expertise in them
- PCAP capture and analysis
- MPEG debugging and analysis
- Access to NFV with IMS and 4G LTE system
- Access to 3G/UMTS infrastructure
- Faraday cage and propagation in collaboration with other labs
- Other equipment can be rented upon request
” I back up my expert reports with solid evidence and arguments. As much as possible, I replicate scenarios in a lab, capturing logs that replicate behavior, finally I present solid evidence with results for court ” — Dr. Mondragon
- Talent Mobile Development, Inc vs Headios Group, Inc – Trademark Infringement in Federal Court in Santa Ana, CA – Advised counsel in winning verdict for my client.
Settlement or Other
- University of Florida Research Foundation, Inc. et. al. v. Motorola Mobility LLC. Filed in U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- Virtela Technology Services v. Andrew Funk, File in the US District Court of Denver, Colorado, Representing Andrew Funk
- Del Castillo v. Bank of America – Representing Bank of America
- Seven Networks v. Google, Representing Seven Networks
- Blue Radios vs Kopin, Representing Blue Radios
- Mobility Workx v. T-Mobile and Mobility Workx v. Verizon Wireless, Representing Mobility Workx, LLC in Texas
- Mobile Manufacturer v. Carrier, Eastern District of Texas, Representing Mobile Manufacturer (Confidential)
- Talent Mobile Development v. Headios Group (California, Trademark/Mobile Software)
- Pre-trial / 4 Confidential Defendants/Plaintiffs
Current “Going Rates”
My expert witness testimony rates are different and set as three:
- Review of evidence and technical paper, write up of reports, and analysis in conference calls or in person.
- Deposition rate which includes pre/post preparation timing, and trial rates.
Please make sure your attorney contact me if any evidence you need me to review, as any discovery may require me to disclose any messages you have sent me. Ensure your attorney client privilege is protected, Dr. Hernandez has wide expertise evaluation evidence as en Expert Witness.
I usually apply a 20% discount for Universities and Academic institutions involved in patent / intellectual property litigation.
Mobile Expert Witness, Mobile Devices, Reverse Engineering, Code Optimization, Wireless Expert Witness, Smartphone Expert Witness, Mobility Protocol Expertise, Emulation, and Simulation