I will attempt to update my lack of posting for about a year.
- Job: Promoted to “Principal Staff Software Engineer” or E-10 in Motorola, recently Motorola went for a big round of layoffs where 355 engineers were let go. Most of my friends were impacted but I am still with Mobile Devices.
- Patents: Obtaining PKI certificates from USPTO to be able to submit patents on my own, additionally two more patents were issued:
- Memberships: I became part of TPC for BROADNETS 2008, and editorial board for “Journal of Networks & Systems Management.” Please submit your papers to BROADNETS : http://www.broadnets.org/2008/ (TPC) and http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/journal/5703/home/EditorialBoard.html (E. A. Hernandez Editor). I was also contacted by Honduran’s COHCIT to be part of an international network of researchers and scientists
- Teaching : I have been slacking off on teaching at undergraduate level, no updates on that subject. I prepared a Location-based Services class and blog, but no updates on this subject.
- Software Development: Gained experience on Android/DalvikVM, J2ME Developments, .NET and XML/XSD development.